In this video Coach, Joe Jones covers a set of Loaded Carries. Loaded Carries are a group of exercises that mainly develop the core. However, they are also fantastic for developing grip strength too.
1. Place a dumbbell or kettlebell on the floor next to each of your feet.
2. Squat to grab onto the weights with a neutral, palms-in grip.
3. Keeping your chest up and core braced, stand up.
4. Walk forward, keeping an upright torso and engaging your abs so that the weight doesn’t dump into your low back. Imagine there’s a string connected to the top of your head that’s pulling you toward the ceiling.
5. When you’re finished, squat to place the weight back on the floor
Check out the other Core movements we have available on the site by simply selecting “Core” in the categories.