Lat. Pull-down Machine
In this video Head Coach, Adrian Ball, covers the Lat. Pulldown Machine. The Lat. Pulldown machine is a fantastic exercise for the overall development of the upper back mainly focusing on the Latissimus Dorsi, Middle Traps and Biceps.
- Grasp the bar with a wide grip with a pronated, knuckles up grip. Other positions and grips are possible but in this video, we use a standard bar with a standard grip.
- Select an appropriate weight and pull yourself down into the seat, using the provided knee supports to lock you tight to the seat – avoiding you lifting from said seat.
- Pull the bar down until it’s approximately level with the chin. While shifting just slightly backwards is OK, aim to keep your upper torso stationary. Keep your feet flat on the floor. The bottom of the motion usually lies level with your eyes/chin, this might differ for certain individuals.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together while maintaining square shoulders.
- From the bottom position with the bar close to your chin, slowly return the bar to the starting position while controlling its gradual ascent. Don’t let it crash into the weight plates/fully let go. Remember we always want to apply the load to our muscles.
- Repeat for repetitions
Check out the other back movements we have available on the site by simply selecting “Back” in the categories menu.