In this video Head Coach, Adrian Ball, covers the dumbbell row, specifically a single-arm variation. The dumbbell row is a fantastic exercise for the overall development of the upper back musculature including the Rhomboids, Latisimus Dorsi and Traps.
- With a dumbbell in one hand, bend over and place your free hand on the flat bench. Keep the back straight throughout the exercise.
- Place the knee closest to the bench on the bench also – this should be the same side as your free hand.
- Lift the weight straight up and back towards your bum. While lifting, the arm shouldn’t need to go higher than parallel with the shoulders.
- Lower the weights in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for repetitions. Swap sides, repeating the whole process flipped to work the other side of your body.
Check out the other back movements we have available on the site by simply selecting “Back” in the categories.