Dumbbell Pectoral Fly
In this video Head Coach, Adrian Ball, covers the dumbbell pectoral fly. The dumbbell pectoral fly is a great exercise to work the pectoral muscles and shoulders. It is also rumoured to be one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s favourite movements.
- Lie flat on your back on a flat bench. Place your feet firmly on the floor on either side of the bench. Your head and back should remain firmly pressed into the bench throughout the exercise.
- Sit upright and gently pick the Dumbbells up from the floor and hold one in each hand.
- Lie back down and lift both arms up above the head so they’re extended but not locked out. There should be a slight bend at your elbow, and your palms and dumbbells should be facing each other.
- Slowly lower dumbbells in an arc motion until they’re in line with the chest. Your arms can have a little more bend at the elbow at the bottom for the movement to allow an extra stretch.
- Slowly press the dumbbells up in the same arc motion.
- Repeat for Repetitions.
Check out the other chest movements we have available on the site by simply selecting “Chest” in the categories.